This infused pesto fettuccine is a dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan twist on the classic. It's a perfectly delicious dish to whip up in less than 30 minutes after work for a well-deserved treat or for a spontaneous visit from friends. The ingredients are minimal and can easily be swapped out with other vegetable options depending on the season. Avocados, tomatoes and olive oil are all amazing skin foods and are known for their benefits for elasticity, anti-aging and protection against sun damage. Before getting started, make the olive oil infusion with a LEVO Oil Infuser. The strain of choice is totally up to you. But seeing that this is a great dinner recipe I chose the hybrid OG Kush, which is euphoric and relaxing and exactly what I like after a long day. Plus the terpene profile on this one blends really nicely with the pesto.
Cannabis Olive Oil InfusionIngredients
- 6 grams of cannabis flower, coarsely ground
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- Pack your flower into the herb pod of the LEVO Oil Infuser and place in the reservoir
- Pour olive oil into the reservoir
- Set temperature to 160F for 3 hours
- While oil is still warm, dispense into an airtight jar
Infused Avocado Pesto Fettuccine with Roasted Tomatoes + Asparagus
- 1 package of gluten free fettuccine noodles
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts or hemp seeds
- 1 raw garlic clove
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp warm water to thin
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On an oven sheet, combine chopped asparagus and cherry tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil. Roast in pan for 25-30 minutes until tomatoes blister. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the packaging directions. Set aside.
- For avocado pesto, combine everything inside of a food processor. Blend until a creamy sauce forms.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta noodles, roasted veggies, sundried tomatoes and sauce together.
- Serve immediately.